Solar Eclipse and Yoga Retreat outside Portland, Oregon
August 18 - 21
Join us as we practice through the longest complete solar eclipse in the USA of our lifetimes, witnessing one of the most magical celestial events of the century. It is also just a few days before Eric Schwarz's 32nd birthday, and we plan to have the most epic spiritual celebration ever!
Yoga and Meditation magic: Five full yoga classes over 3 days and 2 nights (one additional day/night optional), including a 2-hour special solar class during the eclipse itself
Once in a lifetime astrology: Witness the most important celestial event in the USA of our lifetimes
Cozy camping: Round-trip shuttle service from Portland; tent and gear included; all meals and plenty of booze included
Culinary wonders: Get an in-depth education of organic farming in Oregon, including grass seed, sweet corn, pumpkins, tulips, grapes, hops and hemp—as we spend the weekend in the farm lands
Live music: Two days of great music in field venues! Bluegrass and other local musicians
Shoot and point: Photography and astronomy lessons in honor of the moment
During your free time on the farm, enjoy:
- Beer tour and master class at a nearby brewery
- Paddle Boats & Kayaks
- Honey Bee informational class and workshop with RAW Oregon Honey
- Canvas painting!
Spend the weekend with amazing guest speakers in Oregon, including:
- Dr. Lawrence M. Krauss, a renowned theoretical physicist, leading public intellectual, former Yale Astronomy professor, and founder of the ASU Origins Project
- Dr. Alexander Boxer, plasma physicist, astrolabe aficionado, and author of the upcoming book: “A Scheme of Heaven: A Modern Look at the History and Science of Astrology”
- Ferdinando Buscema, an award-winning Italian illusionist who will give our trip his magic touch
Day 0 – Friday Aug 18
Arrive in Portland by Friday or early Saturday morning. Portland is an amazing and funky city and we plan to visit a local yoga studio on Friday evening before a big night out on the town (optional!).
Day 1 – Sat Aug 19
11:00 am - Transfer out to the farm (approx. 45 minute drive)
12:00 pm - Set up our yogi camp, followed by picnic lunch and introductory games
3:00 pm - Intention setting ceremony
4:00 pm - Yoga in the bliss of our natural surroundings
6:00 pm - Pitch Fork Fondue and Milk-Can Dinner
7-9:00 pm - Bluegrass band
9:00 pm - Camp Out and Farm Party
Day 2 – Sun Aug 20
7:30 am Morning yoga
9:00 am Breakfast on the camp
10:00 am Onsite organic farm tour
12:30 pm Picnic lunch and eclipse lecture
Free time on the farm
5:00 pm - Afternoon summer hot yoga session
6:30 pm - Pig Roast and Kettle Vegetable Dinner sourced from local farms, together with live music
7:30 pm - Sunset photography lessons (sunset 8:07pm)
9:00 pm Astronomy lesson and stargazing yoga
Fire pit and s’mores
Camp out and Last Night on Earth Farm Party
Day 3 – Mon Aug 21
Fresh farm breakfast buffet, 7:30–9:00am
9:00 - 11:00 am - TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE YOGA - a celestial experience like no other as the sky will go dark at the peak of the class
11:00 am - Pack up camp
11:30 am - drive back to Portland
Enjoy Portland or Fly out (recommend anytime after 1:30pm)
COST $899 per person, including all round-trip transportation to the farm, all meals, tent and camping equipment, abundant booze, all activities and tours and music concerts and lectures, yoga and meditation classes, and 2 nights camping accommodations.
Sign me up!
1) Please fill out this traveler form so we know to expect you!
2) PayPal firstname.lastname@example.org your registration cost of $799 as one of our "Friends and Family," because aren't we all? (This will also help you avoid the pesky 3% PayPal fee.)
You may also send a check payable to "Insider Expeditions" to:
1875 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Please note: once paid, $250 of the registration cost is non-refundable. The rest is refundable up to 45 days prior to the trip start.